With less than fifty days until Election Day, and with many voters planning to vote early by mail, the races for Palo Alto City Council and PAUSD School Board are already in full-swing. There are 10 candidates running for 4 seats for City Council and 6 candidates running for 3 seats on the School Board.
For those still figuring out who they’re voting for, there are a number of forums and debates with the candidates in the coming weeks. All of the following events are online; in most cases, you can use the links to register in advance.
- Palo Alto Weekly: City Council Candidate Debate
Thursday, September 24th at 7pm
- Palo Alto Weekly: School Board Candidate Debate
Wednesday, September 30th at 7pm
- Palo Alto Neighborhoods: City Council Candidate Forum
Thursday, October 1st at 7pm
- Palo Alto League of Women’s Voters: School Board Candidate Forum
Thursday, October 8th at 6:30pm
- Palo Alto League of Women’s Voters: City Council Candidate Forum
Saturday, October 10th at 4:00pm
In addition, the Palo Alto League of Women’s Voters is holding candidate forums for congressional, state senate and assembly, and county school board races, and more. Visit their site to register; after registering, you’ll be able to submit questions for the candidates.