College Terrace is full of readers! We’re fortunate to have our own branch of the Palo Alto library, as well as multiple Little Free Libraries, here in our neighborhood.
College Terrace Library
Built in 1936, and fully renovated in 2010, the College Terrace Library is the oldest of the Palo Alto library system’s five branch libraries and houses a collection of fiction, non-fiction, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, periodicals, and more. The library offers free WiFi, four computer terminals, a comfortable reading room, and a wonderful children’s room with weekly storytimes. (Family Storytime is currently every Tuesday at 5pm.)
The College Terrace Library is located at 2300 Wellesley Street, between California and College. It is open four days a week – Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday – from 10am to 6pm.
Little Free Libraries
Little Free Libraries are small, free book exchanges where neighbors can borrow a book or leave a book, or maybe even strike up a conversation about books. You’ll find several in College Terrace:
- Donaldina M. Cameron Park
- 2282 Columbia Street, between College and California
- 2349 Dartmouth Street, at the corner of California and Dartmouth
- 2131 Harvard Street, between College and Stanford
- 2110 Princeton Street, between College and Stanford
- 2290 Yale Street, at Cambridge
Visit LittleFreeLibrary.org for information on setting up your own.