Normally, the CTRA distributes its semi-annual newsletter by delivering printed copies to every doorstep in College Terrace. This time around, we’re doing virtual delivery via PDF, so here’s the Spring 2020 Newsletter:
For those who still enjoy touching things, we actually printed the newsletter before the pandemic and have placed paper copies in many of the Little Free Libraries around the neighborhood. If you can’t find one there, let us know and we’ll drop off some more.
The following is a notice from Stanford regarding using of the Dish:
Attention Stanford Dish Users
The Stanford Dish is currently open for outdoor recreation.The Dish website will be updated if conditions change
The Alpine gate will be closed starting Thursday, March 26, 2020.
The remaining three gates will remain open: Stanford Ave., Gerona, and Frenchmans.
Expectation for Dish recreation users:
We are all in this together and Stanford cares deeply about keeping this regional treasure open while we all take precautions in line with Santa Clara County’s shelter-in-place order.Stanford asks for your partnership in ensuring that all users take responsibility to keep the public safe and healthy. As the signs at the entrance to the Dish indicate, the rules on social distancing must be observed.
Accessing the Dish:
- If the Dish area or parking areas are crowded when you arrive, please return at a later time or use the Matadero Trail, which can be accessed at Foothill Expressway and Page Mill Road. Additionally, there is access and parking to the Matadero Trail from Coyote Hill Road.
- Please follow the pedestrian crossing signals while crossing the roadways.
- While waiting to enter the gate and crossing roadways to the gate entrances, please do not cluster near others.
Please follow these guidelines while using the Dish route:
- Keep a 6-foot distance from other hikers at all times.
- Stay on the right side of the path.
- Related groups (persons who are part of your household) should walk in groups of no more than two people to avoid a cluster across the path. Please hike single file as much as possible.
- Use caution while passing other walkers and keep 6 feet apart.
- We have had complaints that people are not following this rule and if this continues, this will force us to close or limit access to the Dish.
- Department of Public Safety personnel may periodically and temporarily close access to address crowding.